Do not allow the aging symptoms to steal your youthful appearance; consider facelift surgery and get back the vibrant, natural and young appearance that you enjoyed once. The facelift surgery is a cosmetic surgery that helps in giving youthful appearance by reshaping the lower-half of the face. Also known as rhytidectomy, the procedure reduces folds or sagging of skin present on the cheeks, neck, and jawline.
The facelift surgery can be beneficial for both physical and mental wellbeing. It helps a person to adapt himself or herself to the new look he/she receives and feel more self-confident.
Some studies have shown that successful cosmetic surgeries may improve self-esteem and make people feel more confident in day-to-day life. After all, a better appearance would boost self-confidence and would provide a better body image.
Benefits of Facelift Surgery
- Redefines and Tightens the Neck– Sagging, drooping and wrinkles are some of the common signs of aging. These symptoms make a person looks older than his actual age. Many males and females experience loose and sagging skin on their necks as the age progresses.
- Double Chin and Turkey Neck are common phrases used to identify the fatty or saggy chin and the neck area. The cosmetic surgery reverses these symptoms by redefining and tightening the underlying skin tissues.
- Fixing Loose Jowls– A hanging skin around the jawline is referred to as “jowls”. Jowls are not desirable traits amongst people. Many people found them quite embarrassing and consider facelift surgery to get tighter and slimmer jawline.
- Getting Rid of Deep Creases– Ageing results in loss of skin volume on the face and skin and this results in giving an old appearance. The facelift surgery reverses the deep creases of the face and gives patients naturally young and beautiful skin by softening the nasolabial lines and restoring volume.
Fast Facts on the Facelift Surgery
If you think that you are the right candidate for cosmetic surgery, then it is prudent to arm yourself with all the facts associated with the surgery.
Some of the facts are:
- It is a surgery that aims at rectifying the sagging appearance of the cheeks and the neck and removing excess skin at jowls.
- It is a safe and FDA approved cosmetic surgery with results lasting for approximately ten years.
- After the surgery, patients easily recover within a week and they can begin with day-to-day activities from the next day.
- Discomfort and pain are minimal
- In a few cases, the desired results are obtained after opting for another cosmetic surgery along with the facelift.
- The patients will experience the complete results of the surgery after bruising and swelling go away.
- It is necessary to take care of the skin and lead a healthy lifestyle to experience the results of the facelift surgery for a prolonged time.
It is an outpatient procedure that takes approximately 2 to 5 hours. In some patients, a cosmetic surgeon uses a traditional approach whereas in a few cases, neck lift surgery is performed. In the traditional approach, a surgeon makes an incision in an ear’ front and extends it up to the hairline as well as behind the ear.
He gently lifts the excess skin in the posterior and an upward direction and removes it. This eventually results in tightening the deeper face’s tissues. In the neck lift procedure, a small cut or incision is made under the chin. This tightens the deeper tissues of the neck along with the skin. The incisions are closed with staples and sutures. Bandages are applied if required.
A patient needs to visit for follow-up appointments that will run for the next two months after the surgery. These follow-up visits include removing stitches, assessing wounds’ condition and monitoring the progress.
Must Read: Side Effects of Braces on Face
Look for an Experienced Surgeon for Facelift Surgery
This is one such cosmetic surgery that gives a beautiful and young look when performed with precision and efficacy. Thus, always look for a professional trained cosmetic surgeon to undergo the surgery. An experienced surgery will review several factors to check whether or not a person can undergo the facelift.
These factors are:
- Medical history of a patient
- Prescribed, non-prescription, herbal or vitamin supplements he is taking
- Whether or not he smokes
- Whether or not he is suffering from any skin condition or allergies
He also considers the expectations of patients from the surgery, his skin type, and bone structure. Simultaneously, he gives a complete disclosure about the risk and cost involved. All these factors help both surgeon and a candidate to decide whether or not to go ahead with the facelift surgery.
Around the world, every year, scores of males and females opt for this cosmetic facelift surgery to regain their youthful appearance. The facelift surgery is safe with excellent results. However, the selection of the right clinic and the cosmetic surgeon play a vital role in determining the success and failure of the procedure.
Thus, it is advisable to plan a visit to a reputed clinic for undergoing the surgery. Indubitably, it is a very personal decision to undergo the surgery or opt for non-invasive procedures to get the youthful look. But one right consultation solves your dilemma and helps you in taking the informed decision.
Clinic for Facelift Surgery
Avail good offers and surprise your loved ones with your new look with facelift surgery. Book an appointment today with the nearest plastic surgery experts or at Clinic Dermatech and get the best advice according to your face and your aesthetic goals.