Secondary infertility is when a woman cannot conceive after giving birth to a baby. It can be because of the infertility problem which can occur after the first baby. If primary pregnancy had some complication then it might happen that the second pregnancy had the same issues. Secondary infertility can be because of both partners.
Mishka IVF, the best IVF Center in Jaipur has all the possible treatments for secondary infertility. Mishka IVF has treated many couples who had problems conceiving after giving birth to a baby. If you are facing any infertility problems then come to Mishka IVF.
Most of the patient asks:-
Why Am I Having Trouble Conceiving Again?
The causes of secondary infertility are similar to primary infertility. The most common causes of secondary infertility are:-
- Age: infertility issues rise with age, in women this issue is because of the decline of the egg quality which starts in the mid-’30s. In the mid 30’s most of the people starts to have infertility problems.
- Lifestyle changes: after the first pregnancy if the male or female in the couple has gained weight, started smoking and has started taking some medication that can affect fertility.
- Male infertility: many males get problems like impaired sperm production, problems with sperm mobility and sperm shape and low sperm count. Stress, age and health issues affect sperm quality and quantity. Some common practices like taking testosterone supplements and exhibiting the testes to heat. The testes are outside the body, they get too warm because of the usage of electronics and tight clothing. These can decrease the sperm count.
- Prior to pregnancy complications: women can have fibroids, blocked tubes, adhesions have problems in conceiving.
- PCOS and Endometriosis: women who have PCOS and endometriosis have many problems in getting pregnant.
Why should you see a specialist?
If you and your partner are trying for more than a year but not getting no results then you should you an infertility specialist. After a certain age, fertility decreases but if your age is in the mid-30s then you should see a doctor. If you are above 30 and in past you had the pelvic inflammatory disease, had painful periods, had miscarriages. If your partner has low sperm count then you should go to a fertility specialist.
How to treat secondary infertility?
When you will the infertility doctor the first thing the doctor will suggest you is to take some test when they can determine that the cause of infertility. They can do hysterosalpingography and can do seme analysis for them. The endocrinologist will make a plan that how they will solve secondary infertility.
Treatment is most commonly used in secondary infertility.
- In vitro fertilization(IVF): In this process, fertilization happens outside the body where women’s egg and male sperm is combined in the petri dish. After fertilization, the embryo is then transferred to the uterus.
- Ovulation assistance: In this process infertility drugs are given to the women ovulate. The results can be checked by follicular monitoring.
- Intrauterine insemination: In this fertility treatment the semen goes from a process which is called sperm washing. After this, the sperm is directly injected into the women’s uterus.
- Donor eggs: In this process, if the male or female has infertility problems and it cannot be cured then the doctor will suggest the patient go for donor eggs or donor sperm.
Must Read: What causes infertility in men?
There are many things which a person can do to decrease the possibility of infertility:
- Weight management is an important factor to keep yourself healthy. After the first baby, most of the women get healthy which creates a problem when they plan for a second child. Overweight women ovulate less compared to healthy women. Being overweight increases the chances of infertility. Maintain your weight to keep yourself fit.
- Eat a healthy diet that has a lot of protein and reduce the usage of dairy products. Restricting the usage of smoking, alcohol, caffeine, and sugar will improve the lifestyle changes and will help in conceiving.
- It is important to do exercise which will help in improving menstrual regularities and main overall health.
- Usage of illegal drugs like marijuana or cocaine can affect health.
- Age and fertility, these are the most important factor if you want a baby. It is important to plan a baby at the right age. Planning a baby after 40 can give you problems as after a certain age fertility decreases.
Most of the couples get problems when planning for the second child. Most of the cases of Secondary infertility happens to those couples who also had problems in conceiving with their first child. If the couple had issues in the pregnancy or conceiving with their first child then there is a probability that with the second pregnancy they will have some issues.
In women’s, it is caused by damaged fallopian tubes and problems in ovulation, endometriosis. In males, it is caused by issues with the sperm production or delivery of sperm. If you have any infertility problems then come to Mishka IVF, the best IVF Center in Jaipur.